Thursday, March 17, 2005

A Tribute for Stella (our Angel baby)

(Back to regularly scheduled blogging)

What should have been Stella's 1 year old birthday (had she been born on her due date) is coming up in 9 days. I really thought being pregnant that it would make it not such a big deal. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Just because I am pregnant now, it doesn't make me any less aware that I should be getting ready to celebrate our 2nd child's first birthday here in a little over a week.

Side Note : Since being on bedrest I have taken up a new hobby : Digi Scrapping. It really has helped me keep from losing my mind while on bedrest the past 14 weeks. I was never organized enough for paper scrapbooking, and even if I was .. there is no where to do it here at the house that Chip wouldn't get in to it. With doing it on the computer I can keep everything organized and I don't have to worry about Chip getting into it and messing up my supplies.

This week I did a Digi Scrap Page for Stella. I cried while doing it, but it turned out so beautiful and I really feel like it was a good way to honor her memory. Very theraputic.

For all of my friends that have lost children .. if you haven't done something to remember your angel(s), I highly recommend it. I think it really helped me deal with some of the pain I have been experiencing as I get closer to March 26th.

So I will stop yapping already and show you Stella's page. This is actually a shrunk down jpg format of it. The actual page is much larger and made to print out 12"X12". Eventually all the pages I do I would like to print out and put in an album.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Steph, its beautiful!
I've never tried 'digi scrapping'...I'm a paper scrapping kind of girl, BUT I love what you all can do with the computer! I may have to try it some day.
I never saw what was said to you, but I have a feeling it was very mean and cold hearted...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry people have to be so mean!
Hey...aren't you having that baby already! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is an absolutley beautiful page! I LOVE it!
What a sweet page to remember Stella by!
HUGS!
Stephanie