Monday, March 21, 2005

Easter Bunny isn't bringing chocolate this year..

But he is bringing a baby !!! My BP was perfect when I went in for my NST despite being a little wonky this morning. Only problem was I had gained 4 lbs in 1 week time. My NST was perfect though. Then they sent me for an u/s to check Skyla's amniotic fluid like they do after every NST.



Normal amniotic fluid is graded on a scale of 6 points to 24 points .. anything under 6 is considered too low .. any thing above 24 points is too high. Skyla's amniotic fluid was 31 points(it jumped from 21 points in only a week). Which explains where all this extra 4lbs came from. So I have developed Polyhydramnios. Good news is .. BP was great .. and absolutely no protein found in my urine.. so I am not pre-eclamptic. But after Dr. saw the results from the fluid check and the weight gain she decided baby girl needs to be evicted. If I don't go into labor by Sunday I have to go to the L&D at 5 pm Sunday night and will be induced. Skyla will probably be here one way or the other Monday the 28th sometime.



The Dr. and I talked very seriously about the whole induction thing .. because all along I have been under the impression that induction wasn't the way to go after having had a c-section. Dr. said that as good as I am doing she saw no reason to jump straight to the c-section. She said being induced wasn't optimum for VBAC but she said it didn't total shoot it down either. She said she has many patients that still go on to have their VBAC even with being induced. She said they would watch me like a hawk to make sure nothing like uterine rupture would happen. She said worst case scenario we end up with another c-section, best care scenario we end up with a VBAC.



I have been reading on the Polyhydramnios and it says that it can cause you to go into labor itself because your uterus just gets too full to keep it all in .. so there is still a chance I will go into labor between now and Sunday on my own .. which would be great. If not .. Skyla will be getting her eviction notice Sunday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Sorry I havn't been reading for so long! I had alot to catch up on.
Sorry for that idiot who was mean. And whooo hooo that Skyla will be here SOON!!!!
I will be praying that the VBAC goes well! How exciting!!!!!
LOVED your pregnancy photos!!
HUGS!
The Other Stephanie

Kether said...

OMG! So excited.
We're spacing these babies out at the end of each month! So funny!
Update us as soon as you can and easy VBAC vibes coming your way!