Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I think Skyla is going to be LONG (musings from the pregnant mind)

She has been dropped for about 2 weeks.. but the last couple of nights .. she is kicking me so high that my breasts are literally jumping from it. I guess she is going to be like Chip. They told us he was only 20" at birth and everyone looked at them like they were smoking crack. At his first Dr. appt they measured him and he was a few centimeters shy of 24"!!! They just didn't stretch him out.

I was doing the math last night. Chip went from weighing 6lbs 14oz at his 36.5 week ultrasound to being 9lbs 1oz at birth 3 weeks later (his ultrasound the day before birth judged him at 9lbs 2oz so the lady was right on the money with him). So at 34.5 weeks Skyla EFW put her weighing 6lbs 10oz and it's been almost 3 weeks .. if she grows at the rate Chip did .. she could be getting really close to 9lbs at this point. ACK.

The really screwed up thing is .. I was having loads of contractions before I hit 37 week mark on Sunday .. and since then .. you guessed it .. I have not had one single solitary contraction!!! BLAH!!!

I so hope to go into labor sometime soon. I don't want to be pregnant for 3.5 more weeks (that's the deadline the Drs. have given me that they won't let me go past)!! And I don't want Skyla to be like 11lbs or anything insane at birth.

2 comments:

Kether said...

Sklya! Come out!

Just wanted to tell you Stephanie that I saw one of the comments those asshats put about your pictures. I hope you didn't take anything they said to heart. You are beautiful. I haven't had a chance to email you to see the pics, but I saw the one that was at the intro before you had to password protect it (must have all happened while I was trying to get on.)

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to meet Skyla!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Don't listen to those meanies! Just because you're obese, it doesn't mean you're not beautiful!

HUGS!