Friday, March 25, 2005

The Sweetest Thing Happened Yesterday

After my Dr's. appt I was waiting for the elevator to the parking garage (it was taking an unusually long time for it to come). I was having some contractions and was rubbing my belly. This really sweet older black man (he was a tall guy reminded me of a cuddly teddy bear) standing beside me looked at me and said "You look like you are in pain.". I said "Yep. I feel like I'm gonna explode .. but that's okay .. because we only have 3 more days before she is being evicted. So we are almost home." We proceeded to talk as we rode the elevator up to the 5th floor parking garage. We both got off the same floor and our vehicles ended up being parked right side beside each other (what are the odds of that?). When I got ready to get in my car he said to me " I know you don't know me from Adam's house cat, but I want you to take this and buy your baby something from me" and put a 20$ bill in my hand!!! I was so surprised. I told him he didn't have to do that. He said "I know but I want to." So I thanked him and gave him a hug. He was such a sweet man. So last night when I went shopping with Melissa Skyla's gift from him ended up being a cushy pad with head rests for Skyla's carseat, covers for her straps to protect her little neck from scratches, and a crib sheet and some velcro bows for her hair :)

You hear so much about people being bad this day and age .. I just thought I would share my experience with running into a really sweet person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!!
SOOOO neat to hear of the kindness of that stranger!!
Thanks for sharing!
HUGS!
The Other Stephanie