Wednesday, March 02, 2005

An apology

Sorry I haven't been around much lately to blog. These days I am so miserable (I hurt all over) and just so tired of being pregnant that I haven't got a whole lot to say about it. I am just ready to hold my baby girl. All though she can't come yet. We have had the sickies at our house the last two weeks!!! Chip and I caught a cold. Mine turned into an upper respiratory infection what fun! Then when Chip and I got better Charles came down with the cold. Charles was finally feeling some better when all of a sudden Chip starts coming down with spots all over!!! I was super mad because we thought they were chicken pox and here Chip has had the vaccine already to prevent the chicken pox. Well the spots kept getting bigger and bigger and were starting to all run together. I was freaking out last night thinking we should take him to the ER. Charles had been researching online and said that we were doing everything suggested for child hood rash or chicken pox, and that every thing we read said there was only one really dangerous rash for kids to get and his didn't have any of the signs of being that rash. So we compromized and decided that if Chip wasn't doing any better today we would take him into the Pediatrician. Well we got up around 4am to check on him .. and suddenly his spots were fading and no longer raised and welted looking. Today he has acted like a different kid. He has been eating and drinking more and playing and been alot more demanding than the last couple of days. So we ended up not taking him in. Apparently it's just a garden variety child hood viral rash. What fun. We figure odds are he got exposed to it when he went to a valentine party on the 14th (they say these things have like a 2 week incubation period) and it was exactly 2 weeks since the party and he hasn't really been around other kids since then.

There is nothing like having a sick child. To me its 10 times more painful than being sick myself. I would take any pain or illness to protect my child from feeling bad. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Glad to get an update, although NOT glad at what's been keeping you soooo busy! You poor mamma! Taking care of 2 boys while sick yourself!!
Hang in there!
Cannot wait for your angel to arrive! On time, of course!!!
HUGS!
The Other Stephanie