Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I'm going to be an aunt.

My sil is right now in labor. Her water broke at 3pm today. I just got off the phone with my brother. She is about 3-4 centimeters dialated and his contracting on her own but they don't seem to be too strong. I know she wants to go as natural as possible so I hope and pray the Dr. doesn't stick her on pitocin. I wish I could be there so bad, but I have to work in the morning so I can't leave tonight. It's killing me sitting here and not being there. I asked Steve if they were giving Sharon any antibiotics since she hadn't had her Group B Strep test. He asked Sharon and she said they had given her the Group C Strep test today but haven't gotten the results back. I told Steve to make sure that they mention it to the nurse when she comes back in. I know how horrible Group B Strep can affect a baby and I don't want them taking any chances with my precious little nephew. It's amazing how losing a child instills fear in your heart. Before my miscarriage pregnancy and birth didn't scare me. Now it terrifies me.

No comments: