Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Can someone please explain to me the workings

Can someone please explain to me the workings of mens' minds ??? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? I've lived almost (shudder) 30 years on this planet. Grew up with a dad and a brother, dated lots of guys, been friends with even more, married a man (okay well there's some question on whether he really qualifies as a man .. he's got the parts .. but not the responsibilities), divorced the same in question man and dated a couple of other men besides. In all of my experiences with men, I have yet to figure out what makes their brains work and why they do some of the stupid shit they do.

This post is reguarding the ex-boyfriend of a month and a half or so. Things had been going along swimmingly for several months .. then all of a sudden he disappeared. So I wrote him an e-mail ending things. It took him a MONTH AND TEN DAYS to reply and apologize for not replying and his behavior in question.

Wanna know why he flaked? Cause my 4 year old son told him that he wanted him to marry me and be his new daddy. Yep .. my ex freaked out not because I wasn't a great girlfriend .. not because he was unhappy with me .. but because the thought of getting married and all of a sudden being a father of 2 scared the bejeezus out of him. Need I mention that my ex-boyfriend is 33 years old???

I wrote him a letter back exclaiming my surprise at the fact that he thought that just because my 4 year old was ready for us to get married that he thought I was. I flat out informed him that I just got divorced and I am totally not looking to run and rush right back into being married.

Wanna take bets on how long his reply will take to come back? The last e-mail took a month and 10 days .. so far it's been 5 days and counting. There's no telling how long it will take him to compose this answer.

Men... I swear ..

My new motto is, "Men are liking Parking Spaces, all the good ones are gone and the rest are handicapped."

No comments: