Friday, September 23, 2005

The mom of two minus one

One of my little ones, namely Chip the 3 year old is visiting his mema and papa right now in Georgia. It's amazing when you have your first child the infant stage seems so hard!!! Then you have a 3 year old and in infant and you learn about hard. Then you send your 3 year old to visit relatives and just have the infant to take care (well and your first baby .. namely your DH) and it feels like you are on vacation. This infant stuff is so EASY compared to taking care of a 3 year old AND an infant. I miss Chip , but at the same time, I think this break is good for both him, Skyla and myself. Me because he's EXHAUSTING (he is more energetic than 3 average kids put together .. just ask all my friends who ask "How do you do it?") and I needed a break. Good for him because my mother and stepfather, aka Mema and Papa, are spoiling him ROTTEN! But only in a good way. He is getting lots of attention right now which he is eating up. And Skyla is really loving being an "only child" for just a little bit and getting some one on one mommy time and lots of floor time to crawl and roll with out me having to worry that her brother is going to run over her or leave a toy in her path she can choke on.

Anyone who says "It's just as easy to have 2 kids as to have one" LIED!!!! Not that I don't love every minute of it, but goodness it takes alot of physical, mental and emotional energy.

I have no freaking clue how moms of like 4 or more kids do it .. but my hats are off to them!!!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Glad to see you're updating again! Missed ya! probably easier to post with Chip visiting, lol. The pics are beautiful! You are blessed with 2 absolutlely beautiful children! Love it!

Misti said...

hey you!!
Aww to have just an infant again, those were the days. Enjoy her.
Having 4 kids is fun,hard but fun,expensive but fun,mind numbing but fun.