Wednesday, September 28, 2005

6 months ago today

I was in a lot of freaking pain right about now. I had labored (induced) all night long and had been throwing up from the pain of the foley bulb catheter and the pitocin. Tonight at 11:04pm Skyla will be exactly 6 months old! She was born by c-section after a 25 hour labor. I remember it all like it was yesterday. I don't know how it's possible that she is already 6 months old! As of 2 am tonight she will have been nursing for 6 months (they wouldn't let me have her in recovery so I didn't get to hold her and nurse her until 2 am). She hasn't had a drop of formula which is so big for me! I had supply issues with my son and had to start supplimenting with formula at 5.5 months. He ended up deciding at 9 months that he no longer wanted to nurse and that broke my heart. Skyla is the exact opposite. She refuses a bottle (we are trying to talk her into taking ebm from a sippy cup) but really I would prefer this to the other. I totally see Skyla being a late weaner and that is totally okay with me!!!

Happy 1/2 birthday Skyla!!!

No comments: