Friday, September 02, 2005

I am ashamed

I have to get this off my chest. I am so ashamed to see how some of the folks down there in NO are acting. It's just abissmal and makes the jobs of the resue workers that much more dangerous.

In the superdome there have been rapes and murders and when the drs. got in to start treating the sick and the injured they were putting their lives at stake. It's awful and I have never heard of people acting like this after a natural disaster any where else and it really makes me humilated that other people across the world are probably thinking yet again what sorry excuses Americans are yet again.

I am so worried that these hooligans are preventing other people from getting treatment they need.

People have tried to take nurses hostage so they can get rides on medical helicopters transporting the sick. It's just insane. The shooting all night at police officers .. the city is under siege. It's just horrific.

A friend of mine told me she saw a report about a man who shot his own sister over a bag of ice.

Now some of the NO police are handing in their badges because they just can't take any more (and can you even blame them?)

Oh and now there are fires .. fires so bad that if they can't get them stopped the whole damned city may burn. It's like a hell on earth. WTF if going on with these people?

Praying for all the good people in that area that are being sieged by not only the flood waters and destruction but now the criminal element and hoodlums. It's a sad and dark day for American history. I am praying especially hard for the babies and small children going hungry right now. This is all just so horrific I can't stop crying over it.

Being that my brother is a police officer I am also praying for all of the polie, rescue workers and military personel trying to save these people and this city.

No comments: