Thursday, February 10, 2005

Spent the morning in L&D

So Charles and I DTD this morning, and when we were through he looked down and said "Holy Shit!" there was blood everywhere, him, me the bed. I started freaking out. Called Drs. office they told me to go to L&D. So go to L&D and they monitor me and the baby, I'm not having any contractions, baby was moving so the woman had to stand and hold the fetal monitor the whole time so she could keep a bead on her. The CNMW comes in and talks to me, gives me the whole speculum treatment (medieval torture device at its finest), then a manual check. Cervix is tight and long. She did see some more blood around the cervix and tested it for infection. It came back fine. They then gave me a vaginal ultrasound to check and make sure I didn't have any placental tissue near my cervix. Then they gave me a regular abdominal u/s to check on the baby. They did a biophysical profile on her. Out of a possible high score of 8 .. she got an 8. She she is doing perfect. We also got another confirmation that she is still a girl. :) And a picture to proove it. She is head down and now face down so I didn't get to see her face but got a cute photo of her right ear. So CNMW said that everything looks good with both me and Skyla. Oh and my instructions were to go home and play checkers (in other words .. no fraternizing with hubby until after my regular appt on the 14th).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap!!
I would have FREAKED OUT!!!
I am SOO SOOO glad all is well!
When I first read that, my heart just stopped for a second for you....gosh!
HUGS!
The Other Stephanie

Christine said...

OMG! I'm glad that all is well!! Checkers, huh? ; ) I hope that you're behaving yourself now!


Take care!