Saturday, July 16, 2005

Skyla had her first rice cereal today!

And she seemed to like it She will be 16 weeks old on Monday so I figured that was close enough to 4 months for me and she has really been interested in food lately.

I nursed her first then I mixed 1 Tbsp of rice to 2 Tbsp of breastmilk and nuked it real quick and she ate about half of it. The first bite she took she didn't act real impressed with it, but then she started going at it with a gusto.

The best thing of all is after the cereal she nursed again and then fell asleep and slept for 2 straight hours!!! This is the kid who normally naps for only 30-45 minutes at a time!!!

I'm going to give it another try tonight and pray that just maybe it might help her sleep longer at night too.

3 comments:

{LyndsD} said...

Congrats! It does work wonders. They fill more full. Good luck tonight!

Kari said...

woohoo, glad she liked it !!

Me said...

Cereal is the bomb!!! My peanut liked it right away....now she goes anywhere from 3-5 hours between feedings :) Oh yah baby!!

Glad she liked it and is sleeping longer now! I'm sure that has to be great for ya :)