Thursday, April 28, 2005

Awesome 1 Month Appt!!!

I apologize in advance of the sentimental sappy mommy drivel !!! I'm gushing today, I just can't help myself. Must be the post partum hormones.

Skyla is doing FABULOUS!!! She gained 15oz in 2 weeks!!! So she's gaining a little more than an once a day. She weighs 9lbs 4oz, is 21.75" long (1.5" growth) and 36" head. All on Mama milk!!! Woohoo! I am so proud of her :) She got her first Hep B shot. She cried for like half a second and then was over it. I didn't even have to nurse her after.

I can't believe she is already a month old. Time goes way too fast when they get here.

What's worse is there is only a week and a half left until Chip turns THREE!!! My baby is a big boy now. He is such a charecter. I love him so much!!!

he comes up to me with his toy stethescope and says "See Mama, My stetacope" (hey I was impressed he even knew what it was) and He "listened" to my heartbeat and then says "Mama you sick!" Geee thanks. LOL. I felt better when he "listened" to the Tv's "heartbeat" and said "My tv's sick Mama". He also had to listen to Skyla's heart beat .. too funny. . she just looked at him like "What in the world are you doing to me?".

I am so happy we decided to have a second child. There is nothing any sweeter than the two of them together. Chip loves his baby sooooo much. He keeps tabs on her and gives us a constant status report (as if we didn't already know when she's awake, asleep, crying or happy .. but feels it's his job to let us know). She loves him too you can tell!!! If she is crying he goes up to her and as soon as she sees Chip's face she stops crying immediately and just gazes at him with these wide eyes.

God I love being a mom!!!

1 comment:

Kether said...

You guys are doing so well! You make me long for two. I'm going to give it a go later this year.

She's a cutie. More pictures!