Monday, April 18, 2005

Ahhhh the beauty of silence

Both my little darlings are asleep (GASP!!! And at the same time even... we should write this down in the baby book) and Charles is at his new job, he works 3rd shift. The house is so silent. I just can't get over it. If I was smart I would be sleeping. Hehe. But hey I mean after months of not sleeping why should now be any different right? I am enjoying being "alone" and just enjoying the quiet. No one truly appreciates quietness the way a mother of a toddler and a newborn does. I am sure it won't last .. Skyla will wake up hungry and want to nurse, or Chip will wake up from a bad dream and want some juice or milk and the silence will be broken and who knows when it will be back .. so I am appreciating it to the fullest.

As for sleep we might be on our way to Skyla sleeping better at night. Last night she went 4 hours between feedings!!! So I got a whopping 3.5 hours of consecutive sleep. Before last night the maximum ammount of consecutive sleep was 2.5 hours at a time .. and some times only 1.5 hours if she woke up to feed every 2 hours which happens some times too. Now if we could only get her to like sleeping in her cradle. Right now she will only sleep one of two places .. on mama or in her fisher-price cradle swing.

For any of you new moms or mom's to be .. I HIGHLY recommend you invest in one of these cradle swings. We bought ours when I was pregnant with Chip. He more than got our money's worth out of it .. and now Skyla loves it too. It was a wonderful purchase!!!

Well I think I will be smart and try to catch a little shut eye now. Hard to believe 3 weeks ago right now I was being sewn up from my c-section!!! How time flies when you are having fun.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yeah for moments of silence. I hope you get more of those.

Is your cradle swing one that moves from side to side? We had one that moved back and forth only and Alyssa wasn't crazy about it. I always wished we would have spent the extra $$ on getting one of those side to side swings. Oh well, maybe for the next one!

Anonymous said...

oh the silence......isn't it beautiful!!!!
I am so glad you are enjoying it all! You sound so happy!
HUGS!!!!
The Other Stephanie