Tuesday, November 23, 2004

So I took Chip over to see my friend Melissa, and her daughters Annmarie(8 days younger than Chip) and Avereigh and I got to hang out for an hour and eat breakfast with Melissa before my appt. Then I went to the High Risk Clinic .. my only complaint .. you have to walk like a mile from the parking lot to get to the clinic!!! GRRR. How wrong!!! Other than that .. things seemed to be okay. BP was only 135 over 80 which is better than it has been. Baby wouldn't cooperate with doppler so I got an ultrasound. Baby wouldn't cooperate with the ultrasound either so it took like 25 minutes before the Dr. could get a count on the baby's heartbeat. It's in the range it has been in around 150. Baby seemed active and looked good .. still no telling on whether we have girl parts or boy parts. Dr. scheduled me to come back in 2 weeks for BP check and then 4 weeks from today I will come back for another Big ultrasound for growth(Melissa says they will do the 3D and she says she think's they will definitely see the sex then). The Dr. made a big deal about Chip's size at birth .. and the fact that I have a family history of Diabetes (even though I didn't have GD with Chip). So it won't be long and I will be doing the 3 hour GD test (I am known for flunking the 1 hour . .so we are skipping the 1 hour and heading straight to 3 hour this time). Oh and she took me out of work .. so I won't be going back there. So then I headed back to Melissa's .. apparently Chip did pretty good with the girls (PHEW!!!). We all hung out and ate lunch together .. we tried to get everyone to nap and relax .. but Chip the human buzzsaw was no way ready to lay down and sleep. He was scared to miss something. So we (me) decided to head home. He was asleep within 5 minutes of leaving Melissa's driveway. All in all a great day !

2 comments:

Linda said...

Glad to hear your BP is down from before!

Abby said...

Ah, out of work. Sounds divine ...

Of course I know you're probably having mixed feelings about it. I wish you all the best!

Got here via A Little Pregnant.

I'm in N.C., too! Just had to say hello.