Thursday, April 19, 2007

The VT massacre has me really shookup.

First of all .. my heart goes out to all the people who lost loved ones and friends in the VT massacre. My heart goes out to all the people who were injured and are recovering now, and the people who weren't injured but were traumatized. It's so awful to think in this day and time that there are still people out there who can reak so much havic and tragedy on innocent people. I know it's devistating to all who hear or read about it.

The part that keeps freaking me out personally is the stuff I heard on one program talking about the charecteristics and warning signs of people who may eventually snap and become one of those people who cause such a tragedy. The reason it was so scary for me is that for 7 years I lived with someone who so many of those warning signs. I was married to him for 5 years and witness all kinds of erratic behavior that leads to me to think that he may at one point become one of those people who is responcible for a tragic loss of life. The week before he and I split up for good he went out and bought a brand new rifle and enough ammo to "wage a war incase anyone decides they don't like the lifestyle I choose to live." those were his words. They have haunted me for a year and a half.

I am so thankful every day that the kids and I are 6 hours away from him and that he has no visitation with the kids. He hasn't seen them in over a year, and I'm incredibly grateful for that fact. Thankfully if his trigger is ever pulled .. there are 6 hours between him and the kids and I.

No comments: