Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Preschooler ESP?

Ok last week Chip and Skyla were playing and Skyla fell on Chip and he looked at me and Charles and said " Skyla broke my spleen!" Charles and I cracked up laughing and then looked at each other and were like .. where in the world did he learn the fact that even had a spleen much less that it could be broken and where it was located. Chip is not like Stella and fascinated with body parts so this was totally out of the blue. I called my mother and asked her if she knew where Chip would have learned the word spleen and she said she had no idea and that they had never used it around him. Well I forgot about it until yesterday when I found out from my MIL that Charles's cousin Brian had been in a serious head on collision the very day that Chip said this and his spleen had been ruptured and had ended up spending several days in ICU (he now thankfully is out of ICU and they think he is going to be fine .. THANK GOD!). I just find it really weird that Chip would mention breaking his spleen which as far as we know no one ever even told him he even had one .. on the exact same day his cousin Brian actually did "break" his spleen. Doo Doo Doo Doo .. freaky huh.

3 comments:

Kether said...

That is so bizzare. I wonder if there will be more things like that. Let us know...

Kari said...

Just checking in...glad to see you blogging again!

That is definately freaky! about Chip and the spleen!
I believe that most kids have ESP. They can see and hear things that we just can't....it's a gift!

Stephanie said...

When I said Stella I meant my friend's daughter Stella that is totally fascinated with body parts and their names. I should have clarified.