Monday, August 29, 2005

Prayers for all in Katrina's path

I am so worried about everyone around Louisianna and Mississippi and even some parts of Florida are still getting severe winds and flooding.

Being a NC resident for all but 7 months of my life I have weathered quite a few Hurricanes and know how freightening and devistating they can be. I know the property damage is going to be up there because of the strength of this hurricane and the low lieing nature of the area it's hitting. Property can be replaced though .. I am really praying that there will be little to no lives lost.

There are several women on Skyla's birth board that live within an hour of NO and they have babies her age (one woman has twins) and I am so worried about them since they weren't able to evacuate.

Everyone needs to start thinking what they can start donating .. can goods, bottles of water, toiletries, clothes, blood, money .. I know the Red Cross will be ramping up to help everyone effected by this hurricane.

1 comment:

Kether said...

I'm so with you on this. I just recently bought something from someone on Ebay who lives an hour outside of New Orleans. In fact, she hasn't been able to send my stuff, yet. But, I just sent her an email telling her I've been praying for her. NO is my favorite city in the whole world and I am so sad for everyone in that region. I cried through the news this morning.